As we navigate our way through challenging times, St. Peter’s in the Great Valley is charting a course that will enhance our ability to be an in-person community, with opportunities to connect with one another, and still continue to have virtual services and meetings.
Visitors are welcome to join the services and events listed below. Events are updated weekly.
Sunday worship offerings can be viewed at Regular Service Schedule
Outdoor In-person Events
- Needlework Group Meeting. First Saturday of the month at 10:00 outside of the Historic Church.
Small Group Adult Education Series: Sacred Ground
- Sacred Ground, offered in conjunction with St. David’s Radnor, is a small group that explores race and racial challenges. Read more about this dialogue- and film-based series developed by our national church as part of “Becoming Beloved Community” on our Occasional Offerings page.
- Atwater Walks – regularly on Mondays at 9:30 a.m.
Join Rev. Abigail for a 45-60 minute walk through the neighborhood adjacent to St. Peter’s each Monday at 9:30 a.m., weather permitting. Limit of 4 people. Please email Abigail if you wish to attend.
- Noonday Prayer – available on Facebook live at 12:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
To help keep us grounded at this time, Rev. Chris and Rev. Abigail have added Noonday prayer to our offerings.
- Wednesday Morning Prayer and Bible Study. This will take place via Zoom or conference call. If you wish to participate, please email Rev. Chris for information.
- Thursday Prayer Group. Meets every Thursday. Email Rev. Chris for Zoom information.
- Gathering of Men. Please join Rod Platt and the rest of the group every Friday at 8:00 a.m. via Zoom. All men in the parish are invited to this virtual morning gathering. For Rod’s contact information, or if you would like to join this group, please refer to the most recent Keynotes for details.
Sunday School and Families
Offerings for Children
Sunday School begins on September 12 @ 9:00 a.m. Children go directly to the classrooms in the lower level of the Bank Barn. St. Peter’s provides teaching materials that are creative and interesting approaches to the same scriptures heard in each Sunday’s service.
Offerings for Youth
Youth Group meets after the 9:00 a.m. service at 10:20 in the Youth Group room in the lower level of the Bank Barn.
If you or a loved one are in need of pastoral care, please contact the Church Office at 610-644-2261. You can also request a prayer shawl/lap blanket for someone in need. For more information about pastoral care go here.
Private Prayer – If you wish to spend time in either the historic church or bank barn for private prayer, please email Abigail to make arrangements.