As we navigate our way through challenging times, St. Peter’s in the Great Valley is charting a course that will enhance our ability to be a virtual community while offering in-person opportunities to connect with one another. Please know that we miss you and are praying for you.
Visitors are welcome to join the services and events listed below. Events are updated weekly.
We have returned to full capacity in-person worship for our summer worship service schedule at 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. in the Historic Church. The 10:00 a.m. service will also be live-streamed on Youtube (or connect from our Live Stream page).
The Book of Common Prayer can be found here.
- August 1, 8:00 a.m., Historic Church in-person worship – Tenth Sunday After Pentecost; Holy Eucharist, Rite One. View the service leaflet here.
- August 1, 10:00 a.m., Historic Church in-person and virtual worship – Tenth Sunday After Pentecost; Holy Eucharist, Rite Two. View the service leaflet here. View the service on YouTube.
Outdoor In-person Events
- Check back for our next event.
Sacred Ground: Small Group Adult Education Series
- Sacred Ground is an upcoming fall series, offered in conjunction with St. David’s Radnor, that will explore race and racial challenges. Read more about this dialogue- and film-based series developed by our national church as part of “Becoming Beloved Community” on our Occasional Offerings page.
- Atwater Walks – regularly on Mondays at 9:30 a.m.
Join Rev. Abigail for a 45-60 minute walk through the neighborhood adjacent to St. Peter’s each Monday at 9:30 a.m., weather permitting. Limit of 4 people. Please email Abigail if you wish to attend.
- Noonday Prayer – available on Facebook live at 12:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
To help keep us grounded at this time, Rev. Chris and Rev. Abigail have added Noonday prayer to our offerings.
- Wednesday Morning Prayer and Bible Study. This will take place via Zoom or conference call. If you wish to participate, please email Rev. Chris for information.
- Thursday Prayer Group. Meets every Thursday. Email Rev. Chris for Zoom information.
- Gathering of Men. Please join Rod Platt and the rest of the group every Friday at 8:00 a.m. via Zoom. All men in the parish are invited to this virtual morning gathering. For Rod’s contact information, or if you would like to join this group, please refer to the most recent Keynotes for details.
Sunday School and Families
Offerings for Children
Currently, Children’s Chapel and Sunday school on on summer recess until after the Labor Day holiday. During the school year, St. Peter’s provides teaching materials that are creative and interesting approaches to the same scriptures heard in each Sunday’s service.
Offerings for Youth
Youth group meetings are on hold until the start of the school year, the week after the Labor Day holiday.
If you or a loved one are in need of pastoral care, please contact the Church Office at 610-644-2261. For more information about pastoral care go here.
Private Prayer – If you wish to spend time in either the historic church or bank barn for private prayer, please email Abigail to make arrangements.