Liturgy doesn’t just happen; nor does community.
Priests and other ordained ministers serve in particular and important ways in the life of a church, but lay people comprise the greatest part of the Body of Christ. Lay assistants help with all facets of our worship. Over a hundred members of St. Peter’s Church, of all ages and at all times, participate in these important lay ministries! Please contact the Parish Office at email@example.com to explore how you can join us in the ways that most appeal to you.
- The Altar Guild and Flower Guild prepare the Church and Bank Barn for services.
- Sound Technicians ensure through their learned skills that all can partake of the Word.
- Greeters and Ushers welcome all to our services and help everyone find a comfortable place to worship.
- Acolytes, beginning in first grade and continuing through adulthood, assist at the altar.
- Readers, Intercessors, Presenters, and Eucharistic Ministers fill roles during the liturgy.
- Children’s Chapel leaders and helpers and Sunday Shepherds help our children worship and learn in ways accessible to them.
- Eucharistic Visitors take the Eucharist, and our prayers, to those who cannot join us in our communal worship.
- Fellowship providers give us the opportunity to grow in community with one another, and to welcome visitors with food, drink, and conversation.
- Vergers ensure that everyone is in place and accounted for!The Lay Assistants schedule is set up to six months in advance, and updated as we receive new information.
To view the Lay Assistants’ Schedule – click here
Please remember to notify the Parish Office of substitutions, so our weekly Service Leaflet will be as accurate as possible! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610-644-2261.
(If your gifts and interests lie more in the areas of music or teaching, please consider joining one of our choirs or becoming a Sunday school teacher or adult Christian formation presenter!)