We invite you to visit St. Peter’s at any time! Our sixteen-acre campus sits on a hilltop in the Great Valley of Chester County, just north of Paoli, Pennsylvania, near the intersection of Routes 29 and 202 and Penn State Great Valley. We are twenty-eight miles northwest of Philadelphia and three miles west of Valley Forge National Historical Park. Our neighbors include the Atwater Community of apartments, houses, and townhomes.
The church entrance is off of Church Road, and the property is accessed via its own road, St. Peter’s Road. We may be easily reached by typing “2475 St. Peter’s Road, Malvern, PA 19355” into any GPS.
All are invited to enjoy our campus at any time. It is a wonderful place for taking contemplative walks, walking a dog, or exploring colonial history.
In addition to acres of natural landscape, the campus has several notable features.
The Historic Church was finished in 1744 and received additions in 1856, 1901, and 1989. This colonial building offers an intimate, contemplative setting with its box pews and whitewashed walls. During the program year, The Holy Eucharist is offered on Sundays in this space at 8 a.m. and 11:15 a.m., as well as on other special occasions.
The Bank Barn was constructed in 2005 and built in the style of a light-filled Welsh bank barn, with exposed wooden beams and a wall of windows overlooking a grassy meadow. In the lower level, sunny meeting rooms are where children and youth gather each week for Christian formation. The Holy Eucharist is offered at 9 a.m. on Sundays in the Bank Barn, as well as at other special times during the year. The Bank Barn is also home to The High Point, a popular rented venue for weddings, wedding receptions, and other events.
The Parish House was constructed in 1962 and is home to the parish office, clergy offices, and St. Peter’s Preschool.
The Labyrinth is open to all who wish to use this beautiful space for inwardly directed contemplation or for outwardly directed appreciation of the beauty of St. Peter’s grounds. Walk the labyrinth by day or night, in sun or in rain, or whenever you need its sedate pace.
The Historic Cemetery includes close to 400 burials dating from as early as 1737. It is also believed that there are anonymous burials of both Continental and British casualties of the 1777 Battle of Paoli. Our cemetery is still active and is the site of ongoing burials.
Our Sheep, Robin and Rory, tend to the grass within the enclosed portion of the historic cemetery. About fifteen years ago, it was determined that modern lawncare equipment was too harsh on the fragile, historic tombstones. As a result, since that time, St. Peter’s has maintained sheep on its property to help with churchyard upkeep. Robin and Rory are lovingly cared for by a group of parishioners called the Shepherds.